-
June 28th, 2001, 06:49 AM
#31
Inactive Member
I love these postings.... when the noshers come out of their hiding places (Lita).
Ms. Smith have you had much experience of film?... nah me either.
Why shoot digital?
Because even if I make a short film I can get investment and blag to the financers that it will get them a hefty return.
Why? because I get paid more!
You obviously went to one of the great Universities... Oxford? Cambridge? Hull?
May your business-plans be fruitiful and prosper and may we piss take even more.
"Black & Blue" a film written by me is (all being well) being shot on HD (Sony 24s) in July in your lovely country.... If this doesn't happen I will eat humble pie for being a gloating f*cker.
Chow
Mitch
-
June 28th, 2001, 08:56 AM
#32
Inactive Member
and what's wrong with Hull uni- didn't go there myself like- but to put it on the same thing as oxford and cambridge?
I went to salford but only for a year as the course was badly organised and we could only get equipment out for our work (one video in the first year!) It was difficuilt enough to get equipment for that. luckily my old college is still really helpful and still lets me lend me equipment. can't beat Hull college.
I think DV is great as it gives people who can't afford film to make their films on a decent format. Some people may frown on it and say film is the best, but we should embrace this new technology. But if you want to shoot film that's good to.
Kathy
Mitch- are you back in the UK now- how is your film going. I have more or less finished editing mine, if you want any help let me know.
-
June 28th, 2001, 11:43 AM
#33
Inactive Member
I am from USA,I know nothing about UK schools. HOW rude to call someone a Fool Miker I was told that the UK people was nice you sound like your from France. No I am not a fool.I am just a hard working person who build up good credit.I do have some marketing skills!!! Yes I can get a movie into some theaters. This is stage one puting a budget together, Script. Then I will look for a DP. Think what you want Miker. let say you guys alright I fail,SO WHAT I JUST GET RIGHT BACK UP AND DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNITL I GET IT RIGHT THAT'S THE WAY OF THE USA!!!!!
------------------
Brenda Diane Smith Filmmaker 35mm 0r bust nothing will stop me!!!!!
[This message has been edited by Lita (edited June 28, 2001).]
-
June 28th, 2001, 01:59 PM
#34
Inactive Member
-
June 28th, 2001, 02:29 PM
#35
-
June 28th, 2001, 02:48 PM
#36
Inactive Member
what would this forum be with out the slagging matches ?
will say though always though it was bad internet protocol to slag someone of about there english
Also my two pence into the fire,
there have been some great projects hsot digitally (DVCAM, DIGIBETA) NOT THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT!!!!!! which have been transferred to 35MM, and this seems to be a growing trend,
-
June 28th, 2001, 09:54 PM
#37
Inactive Member
My film (which is my first proper one) was made to be a simple project. Two main characters and a smaler part to cause friction. And some cute little twins I borrowed from a neighbour for one shot. It's a loce affair between an innocent school girl and her married next door neighbour- through the garden hedge. The neighbour is creepy and leads the girl on and she falls in love with him. Leading the man to question his reasons. It's not everyones cup of tea and it's not my usual writing style- but the end result is looking pretty good. And I will be submitting a rough cut tommorow to my first festival, what are you up to yourself at the mo?
Kathy
-
June 29th, 2001, 09:51 AM
#38
Inactive Member
> I do Film because I love Film
I love Film. I think it looks way better than miniDV.
I do miniDV because I can't afford Film.
-
June 29th, 2001, 12:27 PM
#39
Senior Hostboard Member
Brenda, believe me that the UK is not full of 'nice' people, rather lazy-arsed slobs who want something for nothing.But we do drink a lot of tea.
Don't take my rants in anyway personally, at least if we're all slagging you off and you keep coming back you must have the right mettle for this business they call showbusiness. But, you gotta admit, most of it is show and no business.
I was actually trying to be positive - if you're going into to this not knowing 'the rules' then you do have a chance of hitting something truly revolutionary - it's just probably unlikely.
Don't listen to us half-wits - make your movie!
-
June 29th, 2001, 05:46 PM
#40
Inactive Member
I've worked in professional video for about 10 years and it can be boring, IMO. I like film because it is unsafe, in that you never know if the film is going to turn out. Also, the idea of a piece of celluloid passing in front of an open gate and creating an image is fascinating.
There is something organic about the art of filmmaking, much like painting, and I don't see the choice of using film as your "paint" going away completely. I'm sure that some filmmakers of the future will still want to make the choice of film, just like a painter makes a choice to do a watercolor or oil painting. Unfortunately, all of the theaters will one day be digital, so these films will be shown at the small venues that only show "art films"
Imagine the day when all it will take to make an art film is to shoot it on real film! That's funny.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks